Pick a "Fun Category" from the list on the left.

Under the Hay


A minister, walking down a country lane, sees a boy struggling to load hay back onto a cart after it had fallen off.

"You look hot, my son," said the minister. "Why don't you rest a moment, and I'll give you a hand."

"No thanks," said the boy. "My father wouldn't like it."

"Don't be silly," the minister said. "Everyone is entitled to a break. Come and have a drink of water."

The boy started working even faster and said, "My father will be mad if I stop."

Losing his patience, the minister said, "Your father must be a real slave driver. Tell me where I can find him and I'll give him a piece of my mind!"

"Well," replied the boy, "he's under the load of hay."

Similar Fun Categories: Children, Religion

No comments:

Pick a "Fun Category" from the list on the top left.
Pick a 'Fun Category' from the list on the top left.